Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our first week...

I returned to work this week, not on the unit, but in EPIC computer training because our hospital changed to a different charting system while I was gone.  So, Monday was Marshall's first day in daycare.  Sunday night was really hard for me.  I think it was the combination of realizing that my maternity leave was over and that Marshall was actually going to go to daycare.

However, he did great both days.  Surprisingly, so did I.  Being away made me miss him so much more, but also feel refreshed when I saw him.  He was so tired both days when we got home.  I think they wore him out and he was exhausted.  He could barely open his eyes and slept through the whole night.  I didn't mind that either. :)

I am curious to see how it goes when I start back on the floor.  Since these are 12 hour shifts, I really won't get to see him much in the morning and he will be asleep when I get home.  I guess this is the good part about being a nurse, I only have to work three shifts and the other four days are with my little man.

Overall, a good start.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment